Property Claims

Property insurance provides protection against risks of physical loss or damage to university property.

  • Property Claims

Immediately report ALL claims, regardless of dollar amount, involving property loss or damage of university property to  Campus Safety, (503) 370-6911.  

These may include, but are not limited to: 

  • Building or property damage due to accidents, fire, broken pipes, vandalism, or weather
  • Missing or damaged property due to theft (personal property is not covered)

Risk Management will work directly with the responsible department to coordinate the repair or replacement of property. 

When an event occurs in your department, Risk Management needs the following information immediately:

  • Department contact information and affected building/property
  • A narrative of the incident, including the date and time of loss, immediate actions taken, witnesses names and statements, and necessary actions to remedy the loss
  • Detailed inventory of damaged or lost property


The following information is needed soon after the loss:

  • Photographs of all damaged or lost property including surrounding areas
  • Copies of all correspondence, documentation, or other information related to the incident

If the loss is due to a theft, break in, or vandalism, these incidents are criminal and should be reported to law enforcement immediately upon discovery.  If it occurred on the University Campus, contact Campus Safety at (503) 370-6911.


Back to Top