Official site: http://www.marshallscholarship.org/
Campus Deadline: September 1, 2021
Final Deadline: September 28, 2021 by 2:00 pm PST (online and in hard copy)
Marshall Scholarships finance young Americans of high ability to study for a degree in the United Kingdom. Founded by an Act of Parliament in 1953, the scholarships commemorate the humane ideals of the European Recovery Program, and are an expression of thanks from the British people to America for the Marshall Plan. The objectives of the scholarship are:
- to bring for study in the United Kingdom intellectually distinguished young Americans who will one day become leaders, opinion formers, and decision makers in their own country;
- to enable them to gain an understanding and appreciation of the British way of life and British social and academic values;
- to encourage them to be ambassadors to the United Kingdom for their own way of life, and to establish long-lasting bridges and ties between the peoples of the U.K. and the U.S. at a personal level.
In appointing Scholars the selectors look for distinction of intellect and character, as evidenced both by their scholastic attainments and by their other activities and achievements. Preference is given to candidates who display a potential to make a significant contribution to their own society. Selectors also look for strong motivation and seriousness of purpose, including the presentation of a specific and realistic academic program.
- Rhodes, Marshall, and Mitchell Scholarships - Helpful Websites
- What Marshall Selection Committees Like—And Don't Like
- Sample Study Proposal
- Marshall Finalist Interviews