Majoring in Cinema Studies
- How does the Cinema Studies major differ from the old Film Studies major?
- Frequently asked questions about the Cinema Studies program
- Planning checklist for Cinema Studies majors
- How recent courses apply to the Film Studies major
- Study abroad: If you're interested in pursuing cinema study abroad, programs you might explore include those at Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic; University of Canterbury, New Zealand; National University at Galway, Ireland; and the UK Universities of Keele, Aberystwyth, Leicester, as well as ISEP Programs at Brock University, Canada; U of Regina, Canada; Masaryk University, Czech Republic; Universite de Lille III (Charles de Gaulle), France; Universidade Lusofona, Portugal; Karlstad University, Sweden; American University of Sharjah, UAE; Edinburgh Napier University, UK. For more information, contact the Office of International Education.
- Internships for academic credit
- Oregon Governor's Office of Film & Television
- Source Oregon
- Capital Community Television
- Senior Projects: Cinema Studies Senior Theses and Senior Projects are available through the Academic Commons at the Hatfield Library.
- The Ken Nolley Award: Named for the founder of Willamette University's Film Studies Program, the Nolley Award is presented to a graduating Film Studies or Cinema Studies major who has shown outstanding devotion to the study of cinema, whether demonstrated through critical acumen and theoretical insight, through productive creativity and technical skill, or through a comprehensive and rigorous cinephilia.
- 2019 Awards:
- Denise Diaz
- Arthur Stamey-Mills
- 2018 Award
- Natasha Zedan
- 2017 Award:
- Marissa Louie
- 2016 Awards:
- Casey Berg
- Sarah F. Williams
- Basic Glossary of Film Terms
- Columbia University Film Language Glossary
- Yale University Film Analysis Index