The College of Liberal Arts appreciates the significant work that goes into mentoring student fellowship applications. This information sheet is meant to make explicit the role of faculty mentor of a student Shuchat Art Fellow.
Mentoring Students in the Proposal Process
- Provide guidance/feedback to student proposer(s) as needed to help them craft a strong project narrative, timeline and budget.
- Complete the mentor recommendation form
Mentoring Proposals that are Funded
- Attend an introductory gathering in late spring 2018
- Meet regularly with mentee(s) during the summer 8-week session to guide their work (generally every other week, sometimes more or less or from a distance as appropriate to the project)
- Attend summer or fall public presentation by student mentee if possible
- Complete payment paperwork as requested
Faculty members may oversee up to two Shuchat Art Fellows. Mentorship participation in this program for the summer comes with a $2,000 stipend for each project overseen.