Pre-Health: Pre-Med, Pre-Vet, Pre-Dental, and Allied Health Professions
Welcome to the pre-health program! If you are excited about a career where you can help people or animals, and pursue your passion for science, you have come to the right place. Not sure how or where to start? A liberal arts education is geared to allow you to explore your interests without confining you to a narrowly-focused academic track, so that when you leave campus, you know you are headed in the direction that is right for you. We know that plotting your trajectory is complicated: the process requires regular self-assessment, reflection, and thoughtfully connecting your academic coursework with your training and experience outside the classroom. We are here to help.
Here you will find resources for:
- Planning your coursework and seeking academic support services when necessary
- Gaining practical experience to help you clarify your goals and prepare for the professional program you choose
- Support for the application process, from selecting schools to practice interviews
What professional paths are included in pre-health? Careers such as:
- Physicians (Allopathic and Osteopathic): general practitioners and specialists
- Dentists (Allopathic and Osteopathic): general practitioners and specialists
- Veterinarian: general practitioners and specialists
- Pharmacology: Pharmacists, pharmacologists and pharmaceutical research
What professional paths are included in allied health? Careers such as:
- Physical or Occupational Therapy/Rehabilitation
- Physician's Assistants
- Emergency Medicine Technicians (EMT)
- Paramedical Care
- Sports Medicine
- Public Health
- And other alternative healthcare careers...
[Note to new users: This site is under construction, so please check back frequently for additions and updates!]
Pre-Health Jobs CornerLooking for an internship during the school year? Check out JobCat!
Academic Support supports the academic efforts, engagement, and achievements of College of Liberal Arts students by providing individual consultation as well as tutoring and group "Help Sessions".