- What is WU Stream?
- What kinds of programs can I expect to find on WU Stream?
- Are WU Stream programs free?
- Do I need to register to watch a WU Stream program?
- How do I register for a WU Stream webinar?
- How do I join a webinar once I've registered?
- Can I interact with the presenter during the webinar?
- What kind of computer do I need to attend a WU Stream event?
- What is a podcast?
- Will I need to have a special app to listen to the Only at Willamette podcast?
- Help! I can’t figure out how to watch or listen to a program.
- How do I suggest my idea for a future WU Stream program?
1. What is WU Stream?
WU Stream is a new way to connect with Willamette through virtual lectures, videos, podcasts and more. WU Stream allows you to access content from wherever you are with a computer or mobile device like your phone.
2. What kinds of programs can I expect to find on WU Stream?
WU Stream provides a wide variety of programs — including livestreams of major campus events and celebrations, short interviews featuring faculty and student research, music performances from student ensembles and more!
3. Are WU Stream programs free?
Yes! WU Stream programs are available to Willamette alumni, parents, students, future students and community members at no cost.
4. Do I need to register to watch a WU Stream program?
To attend a live online event, you will need to register. This allows us to know who is attending and to manage questions and comments during the event. However, most programs will also be recorded and shared online to be watched at any time.
5. How do I register for a WU Stream webinar?
Click the registration link listed under the title of an upcoming program. You will be directed to a registration form that will send you the link to attend the webinar. Then, you can add the event to your calendar. You will automatically receive a reminder email the day before the event with instructions on how to join the live session.
6. How do I join a webinar once I've registered?
Read more about joining webinars.
7. Can I interact with the presenter during the webinar?
We want to make our webinars interactive for attendees. Some presentations include opportunities for submitting questions before or during the program. Due to time constraints, many question and answer sessions will be moderated by WU Stream staff.
8. What kind of computer do I need to attend a WU Stream event?
You can find information on technology requirements and guidance on attending webinars using a variety of devices here.
9. What is a podcast?
A podcast is an audio program — like a radio show — that you can listen to at any time on a computer or download to a smartphone. Podcasts can be on any topic and usually feature interviews or stories.
10. Will I need to have a special app to listen to the Only at Willamette podcast?
You can listen to any Willamette podcast right from your computer. If you want to download episodes to listen to later or if you want to subscribe to podcasts on your smartphone, you can use one of the many apps currently available. Once it is released, the Only at Willamette podcast will be available on most major podcast services.
11. Help! I can’t figure out how to watch or listen to a program.
12. How do I suggest my idea for a future WU Stream program?
We are constantly developing new ideas for content and topics that are relevant to the WU community. For suggestions or to share ideas, send an email to email@example.com.
Find more about data and event privacy here.