The following materials must be submitted via email to the program director before January 22, 2019, to be considered for LARC 2019:
- Identify participant(s) and their departments
- Identify the type of curriculum innovation (inquiry-based module, redesigned course, program revision)
- A 500-word statement about the proposed curricular innovation, including:
- the course(s) involved
- narrative description of the innovation
- goals of the innovation
- work plan for the grant period
- implementation schedule
- form and schedule for assessment of the innovation in achieving stated goals
- A memo from the department chair(s), indicating departmental or program approval for proposed project
- A proposed budget for supplies and expenses anticipated in completing the project, itemized
- NOTE: funds for supplies and expenses are limited and will be granted on a competitive basis. All expenses must be approved by the LARC committee before they occur.
- STIPENDS: $2,000 available for modules; $4,000 for course revision; $2,000/faculty member for program revision. Faculty members will receive half of the stipend in the upcoming semester; the second half in the next summer, after the project has been assessed and a report has been submitted.
PLEASE NOTE: Progress reports are due at August 31, 2019 for Curricular Innovation Grants, with final reports due May 31, 2020.