Course: GSM 7261G
Fall Semester: China and Hong Kong - January 1-8, 2017
Spring Semester: England and Ireland - March 26-April 1, 2017 (Application Deadline November 10, 2016. Full payment Required December 1)
Fall Course Information: China and Hong Kong
- GSM7261G is a one-credit graded independent study course. Credits for this course will count towards graduation requirements.
- Professor: Professor Gary Knight
- Prerequisites: One semester of Willamette MBA or law coursework and good academic and conduct standing.
- Tuition: There is no tuition charge for GSM7261G for fall semester 2016 or spring semester 2017. Students are responsible for all program fees and estimated costs.
- Course requires attendance and participation in class sessions prior to and following the trip.
- Tentative Itinerary (subject to change)
- Syllabus to come
Estimated Costs: All inclusive of program fee, airfare, visa and meals on your own - estimate - $4989.
- Program Fee: $3044 (includes in-country travel and transportation, double-occupancy hotel rooms (7 nights) and several meals). Students wanting a single room will pay an additional fee of $460. Students wishing to extend the trip over December 31 - Additional overnight stay is $173 (double occupancy) or $345 (single).
- Airfare: $1500 estimated
- Visa application and processing: $145 for US citizens citizens, students from other countries of origin may also need a visa (pricing varies). Visa applications should be completed no later than 90 days before the trip.
- Estimated additional Costs: $300 (including meals not included in program fee etc)
- Financial Aid: Students eligible for Federal Stafford or Graduate Plus loans may apply to borrow to cover the costs of the trip Contact Shanan Woods in the WU Financial Aid Office
Application Process: Application form
- September 15 - Application Deadline - Apply here.
- October 1 - Full payment required - $3044 (100% of program fee). This will confirm your participation (NOTE: Financial Aid can be increased for current students during fall semester to cover the cost of the study abroad
Refund Policy: There will be no refunds after October 1st due to policies and procedures with our international partners.
Program is subject to cancellation if the minimum number of participants is not met.
Passport and Visa Information:
- Valid passport is required
- There is a visa requirement for US Citizens. Visa process and charge varies by country of citizenship. Students can get information here - Information here
COURSE DESCRIPTION AND RATIONALE