Bearcat Day is our signature admitted student event and the moment when many students will choose to make Willamette their college home. Access to Excellence is Willamette's diversity fly-in program, reimagined this year as a meaningful extension to Bearcat Day for select admitted students and their guests. The Office of Admission is thrilled to be hosting these important events in person once again and we are grateful for the campus and community support required to help our future Bearcat families see themselves here.
There are a few simple things you can do to help make these important events a success:
- If you see someone on campus who looks like a visitor, give them a warm welcome.
- Wear your nametag so visitors can easily identify whom to ask for assistance.
- Show your Bearcat pride by wearing your favorite Willamette gear and/or colors.
- Offer to give directions or answer questions for anyone looking lost or confused.
- Check your website and make certain it is up to date.
- Encourage visitors to explore the campus by visiting The Bistro, The Willamette Store, Hallie Ford Museum of Art, campus events, etc.
- Give recommendations of your favorite Salem spots: restaurants, shops, parks, etc.
- Consider carpooling as parking lots will be tight.
- Have patience in Goudy as lines could be longer than usual.
Thank you for extending Willamette hospitality to these future Bearcats!
Bearcat Day & Access to Excellence Schedules
Friday, March 11 - Bearcat Day
10:00 - 10:45 a.m. Check-in: Foyer, Rogers Music Center
10:45 - 11:15 a.m. Welcome Address: Hudson Hall, Rogers Music Center
11:30 a.m. - 2:50 p.m. Admitted Student Class Visits, Lunch, Campus Tours, Free Time: Various Academic Buildings, Goudy, Jackson Plaza
11:30 a.m. - 2:50 p.m. Parent/Guest Lunch, Panel, Campus Tours, Free Time: Cat Cavern, Jackson Plaza
3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Campus Resources Fair, Open Hearths: Tent on Brown Field, Designated Hearths
5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Dinner: Taste of Salem: Tent on Brown Field, Goudy Dining Commons
6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Evening Activities: Various Locations
Saturday, March 12, 2022 - Access to Excellence
8:30 - 9:30 a.m. Breakfast: Montag Den
9:30 - 10:30 a.m. Building Your Community: Cone Chapel
10:30 - 11:00 a.m. Workshop Sessions: Ford Hall, Law School
11:00 - 11:30 a.m. Snacks and Departure: Hatfield Fountain
The Office of Admission is committed to the safety of all visitors as well as the Willamette community and will continue to uphold all current campus health and safety protocols.