University Communications welcomes submissions of news items and story ideas from and about Willamette University students, faculty and staff. We rely on ideas from the members of our campus to help us showcase the great people and happenings in our lively community. Stories are shared on our website and in various communication formats including the Knowledge Into Action newsletter and the WU News alumni and community newsletter.
With your help, we have been able to tell stories about a first generation student finding success in the data science field, a student researching ocean ecosystems, an alum opening their first solo art exhibition, faculty and students traveling to Tanzania to work on children’s rights and Willamette’s third annual DataFest — to name just a few. We rely on you to help lift up members of our community and celebrate their successes.
Here are examples of what our office wants to hear about:
- Alumni success (professional, academic, accolades, societal betterment)
- Student success (awards, accomplishments, research, service-learning)
- Faculty accomplishments (awards, recognition, research, innovation)
- Institutional accomplishments (rankings, awards, recognition)
- Research or coursework that could impact or interest the general public
- Well-known campus visitors
- Activities that tie to something in the regional, national or international news
Please share your story with us using our story submission form. Please note that this is only a submission form and that not all submissions will be used. If University Communications is interested in learning more about your story submission, you will be contacted.