The University Communications team welcomes submissions of news items and story ideas from and about Willamette University students, faculty and staff. We rely on ideas from the members of our campus to help us showcase the great people and happenings in our lively community. Stories are shared on our website and in various communication formats including the Knowledge Into Action newsletter and the WU News alumni and community newsletter.
Recently, you have helped us tell stories about two entrepreneurs who teamed up to address bias with AI, a student with a life-changing public health internship in Ghana, an artist who landed a dream job doing graphic design for the Portland Trail Blazers, law students honing their advocacy skills with hands-on learning opportunities, and a computer science alum working on cybersecurity at Zendesk — to name just a few. We rely on you to help lift up members of our community and celebrate their successes.
Here are examples of what our office wants to hear about:
- Alumni success (professional, academic, accolades, living out the motto)
- Student leadership and success (awards, accomplishments, research, service-learning)
- Faculty accomplishments (awards, recognition, research, innovation)
- Institutional accomplishments (rankings, awards, recognition)
- Research or courses that could impact or interest the general public
- Well-known campus visitors
- Activities that tie to topics in the regional, national or international news
Please share your story with us using our story submission form. Please note that this is only a submission form and that not all submissions will be used. We will contact you if we are planning to pursue your story submission.