Creating an Accessible Classroom
Take a look at the drop-down menu (or below on a mobile device) for information on:
- Creating accessible materials, including Accessible PDFs,
- Reducing barriers for students through the incorporation of Universal Design for Learning in the classroom,
- Writing an inclusive syllabus statement,
- Providing testing accommodations, and
- Captioning videos.
- Guide for Supporting Students with Temporary Disabilities
Visit the Faculty Room from the University of Washington's DO-IT Center to review a wealth of information on supporting students with disabilities.
Open Educational Resources (OER)
Open Educational Resources (OER) are free teaching, learning, and researching resources that are accessible to people with disabilities. Consider adding OER materials to your courses to ensure access and save students money. They include a multitude of formats, including textbooks, full courses, modules, videos, labs, assignments, and assessments.