COVID-19 UPDATES: We are still offering career advising and resume/cover letter critiques on a remote basis. Please see our page explaining how to use Career Development Services until further notice.
Be sure to look at a list of our upcoming events, and read the latest issue of our Career Development Newsletter, Career Talk.
Career Advising is an opportunity to meet one-on-one with a professional Career Advisor. Appointments last up to one hour and are tailored to your needs. It’s not uncommon to be a little unsure of exactly what you might need, and we are happy to meet with students at any phase of their career search process. Examples of topics that students may wish to address with a Career Advisor include:
- Choosing a Major
- Taking career assessments
- Exploring careers
- Searching for an internships or volunteer experience
- Preparing for the job search
- Choosing a graduate/professional program and applying for graduate/professional school
- Searching for jobs and building a network
- Preparing for job interviews
If you would like to make an appointment with a Career Advisor, login to Handshake and request an appointment.
Career Development utilizes Focus2 as a part of the career assessment process. Willamette students are able to log in and complete the assessment in their career discovery process as a part of their work with our career advising team. Access the Focus2 system here.
Information Sessions on Demand
Our Career Advisors and Career Development staff can visit your class, organization, or campus office and provide information on a variety of topics, including:
- Exploring Majors and Careers
- Job Search and Networking Strategies
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Graduate/Professional School
- Interview Skills/Preparation
To schedule an information session, contact Career Development, at: email@example.com.