*The next available application cycle for this program will be during fall 2022 for programs in 2023-2024.
University of Strathclyde is situated in the heart of downtown Glasgow – the second largest city in Scotland. The university boasts high rankings in many departments among other U.K. universities. Minimum GPA required by host program: Based on WU approval.
Willamette's exchange partnership is centered around Strathclyde's Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. Discover more about academics available to exchange students in the Class Catalogue on the Strathclyde website. Because the exchange is rooted through the Faculty of Humanities and Social Science, students can choose from classes in areas such as English and Creative Writing, History, Journalism, Politics, Psychology and Social Policy. Unlike at WU, students at Strathclyde take all of their courses from specific departments.
While studying at Strathclyde students live in self-catered flats on the John Anderson Campus. The Campus Village offers accommodation with other Scottish and/or international students. The flats are located on the Strathclyde campus. Please see Cost below for more information.
The Strathclyde program is available in either the fall or spring semester. Fall semester starts mid-September and ends mid-December. Spring semester starts early January and ends late May.
Please see the Willamette Sponsored Programs Cost Matrix for detailed explanation of the cost of each program. Information about housing can be found on Strathclyde’s accommodation website. For cost of living information please visit Strathclyde's International Support page.
Pre Departure Resources
- University of Strathclyde
- Strathclyde’s International Office
- Guide to selecting courses at Strathclyde (for exchange students)
- How to Apply (exchange admission and housing applications) (DO NOT fill out the application until instructed by the OIE)
- Preparing to go to Strathclyde, cost of living etc.
- Why Strathclyde? Video - what students like about Univ. of Strathclyde
- Willamette World News: United Kingdom
- Local Weather
- United Kingdom Border Agency
- CIA World Factbook
- Lonely Planet Guide
- Glasgow City Information