This online handbook includes information useful prior to arrival and while you are here. It also offers a bit of information about what's going on locally.
Use the Handbook Menu (with the red menu button) to view topics in the handbook.
Willamette University was founded in 1842. The University is located at the edge of downtown Salem right across from the Oregon State Capitol.
Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA), founded in 1909, joined WU in 2021 and is located in downtown Portland.
Willamette University offers a number of interesting areas of education:
- the Atkinson Graduate School of Management - Salem
- the College of Law - Salem
- the College of Arts & Sciences - Salem
- Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA) - Portland
Before arriving make sure that you have:
- A valid passport
- Valid immigration document (I-20 or DS-2019)
- Arrangements for getting to Salem (WU) or downtown Portland (PNCA) from the airport - PDX.
- Confirmed your flight departure and arrival times with the airline
- The phone number of the person who is picking you up at the airport, just in case your flight is delayed
- An umbrella or rain jacket
- Photos from home with family and friends
- An adaptor plug if necessary, since plugs aren't the same here as in all countries and making sure electronic devices you bring will work in the U.S.
- Items that makes you feel at home while you're away from home
As an international student, you will be arriving a couple of days before the rest of the student body. This will give you the opportunity to get to know campus before it gets really crowded. The Office of International Education will provide a REQUIRED orientation for you that will cover all the practical things you need to know like insurance, job possibilities, housing and meal plans, along with many other things.
Voice: (503) 375-5493