The Registrar's Office works in partnership with the US Department of Veterans Affairs to assist veterans and eligible dependents to participate in the VA’s Education Benefits Programs. Information on the VA’s Education Benefits Programs is available at Eligibility for benefits is determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs which has Education Benefits Counselors available at 888-GI BILL 1 (888-442-4551)

If you have never used VA education benefits at any institution of higher education, you must complete the appropriate application form.

  • Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
  • Montgomery GI Bill® - Active Duty (Chapter 30)
  • Veterans Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 32)
  • Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserve? (Chapter 1606)
  • Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
Please complete Form 22-1990

Survivors and Dependents
  • Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
Please complete Form 22-5490

Parents Transferring 9/11 GI Bill® Benefits to a Spouse or Dependent
Please complete Form 22-1990e

Willamette University

Office of the Registrar

Waller Hall, First Floor
900 State Street
Salem Oregon 97301 U.S.A.
M-F, 8am-5pm (summer hours: M-F, 8am-4:30pm)

Back to Top