Youth programs are a vital part of our campus community. To protect the safety and welfare of minors participating in university sponsored youth programs, the following actions must be completed before a youth program begins.
1. Get approval for your proposed program or activity from the appropriate supervisor
2. Review the Protection of Minors on Campus Policy
3. Register your program or activity with the Office of Risk Management
4. The Office of Risk Management will provide you with a google spreadsheet where you can request background checks and mandatory training for employees and volunteers.
5. Ensure that program staff & volunteers complete background checks and mandatory training BEFORE the program begins by checking individual statuses on the google spreadsheet.
6. Provide the Standards for Interacting with Minors to program staff and volunteers
7. Collect waiver and consent forms* before permitting minors to engage in program activities
8. Review the resources page for additional guidelines, checklists, and waiver and consent forms
*You may use a program specific waiver and consent form if it has been reviewed by University Counsel