The University strongly encourages use of alternative and environmentally friendly forms of transportation. For example, students and employees may purchase discounted Salem bus passes.
Permits are required year-round.
Types of Parking Permits
Valid in any Standard lot. The purchase and proper display of a current Standard parking permit allows an individual to park in a Standard lot if there is a legal parking space available. Standard permit sales are not limited; a permit does not guarantee a space.
Valid ONLY in the gated gravel lot south of the Softball field off 12th Street.
Permits are specific to an assigned Reserved lot or area, and a space is guaranteed; parking in Standard lots permitted evenings and weekends.
Reserved parking available only in the Kaneko paved parking lot; Standard parking available only in the gravel lot south of the softball field.
Valid in any Standard lot, or in designated Carpool spaces in the Guest/Visitor lot 7 a.m.–2 p.m. Monday–Friday.
(Call or visit the Service Center unless otherwise noted.)
- 5-Use Permit is valid in Standard lots only.
- Discounted bus passes are $22.50 for monthly pass; $270 for annual pass.
- Guest/Visitor Lot is for University-invited guests via online reservation; unreserved spaces can be purchased after 7:00 a.m. for that day.
- Parking Meters on campus are few and very short-term. See the campus map legend.
- Academic Listeners and Gifted Scholars may purchase a Kaneko South permit valid in the Kaneko paved parking lot on 14th street.