The following criteria will be considered as a guide in driver disqualifications. The University reserves the right to either disqualify or qualify individuals based on the severity of an offense or accident.
1. Have any one of the following (Type A - see matrix below) citations on the driver's Motor Vehicle Record:
- Conviction for reckless driving
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- At fault in a fatal accident
- Felony conviction involving a vehicle
- Conviction for alcohol and/or drug-related driving offense
- Refusal to submit to blood alcohol test
- Driving on a suspended license
- Failure to appear in court
- Unauthorized use of a motor vehicle
- Assault or homicide with a motor vehicle
- Driving in excess of 100 mph
2. Have any combination of four moving violations and at fault accidents (see matrix below). Examples of moving violations are:
- Running a red light
- Ignoring a stop sign
- Passing a stopped bus
3. Matrix Definitions
- Borderline - Motor Vehicle Report will be checked every 6 months; approval subject to no deterioration in the record.
- Prohibited - Person is prohibited from driving University insured vehicles.
Driver Acceptability Matrix
|# of Moving
|# of Accidents*||# of Type A Citations*|
|0||1||2||3||4||1 or More|
* Number within the past 3 years.
|Borderline||Motor Vehicle Report will be checked every 6 months; approval subject to no deterioration in the record.|
|Prohibited||Person is prohibited from driving University-insured vehicles.|
Safe Driver Application
Continue on to the Safe Driver Application