We encourage you to attend OD leader information sessions (information and Q&A) along with the other student leadership positions. Information can be found around campus (Toilet Paper, Today@Willamette, and posters) with date, time and location. This is a great opportunity to learn more about the position and have any questions answered.
Spring: Opening Days leaders will be expected to participate in three one-hour training sessions across March and April.
Summer: Leaders are expected to keep in contact with their OD group, get to know their partner, and complete any tasks for their assigned committee.
Fall: Opening Days leaders will be required to attend Fall training and the Opening Days program prior to the beginning of the Fall Semester (August 16-28, 2023). During this time, the responsibilities outlined in the position description must be the top priority of Opening Days leaders.
Compensation & Benefits
- Meals at Goudy August 16-28, 2023
- Early on-campus move-in
- Leadership Award ($500)
- Opening Days Coordinator
- Opening Days Leadership Team
- Student Engagement & Leadership Professional Staff
- Commitment to full participation throughout Opening Days training and program. This commitment includes attendance at all Opening Days activities, whether or not you are coordinating that particular activity.
- Thoroughly prepare small group sessions with your partner. Facilitate these sessions with new students regarding academics, student life, registration procedures, adjustment to Willamette, etc.
- Participate actively in your assigned Opening Days committee and in the planning of scheduled events. Complete all tasks assigned by the Opening Days Leadership Team or Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Communicate with your Opening Days group throughout the summer to personally welcome them to Willamette and answer any questions they may have.
- Other duties that might be assigned by Opening Days Coordinator, Leadership Team, or Student Engagement & Leadership staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with staff, faculty, and students.
- Successful clearance of a conduct record inquiry by the Office of Student Affairs.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 during employment.
- Serve as a role model to other students, upholding Willamette University’s Student Code of Conduct and other stated policies.