Government-regulated Confidential Information
- Personal Identifying Information (PII)
- Protected Health Information (PHI) as specified by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 (HITECH)
- Education records of students, applicants and alumni as defined by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Personally Identifiable Financial information as specified by the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 (Gramm Leach Bliley Act or GLB)
- Human subject research data which falls under the jurisdiction of the university’s Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Confidential medical records used to provide an employee with a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA)
- Payment card data
Other Types of Confidential Information
The university deems confidential or is required by contract to keep confidential.
All other electronic information
Created or managed as part of your work function.