Archaeology Program Honors
Are awarded at graduation to a small number of outstanding senior Archaeology majors who have distinguished themselves through the quality of their coursework, independent research, and service to the program. Recipients for this award are chosen by the Archaeology faculty according to a combination of the following criteria:
- GPA of 3.80 or higher within the Archaeology major.
- Clear engagement with Archaeology Program as indicated by participation in sponsored events and service to the program as a student worker or volunteer.
- Service as a leader and a role model for other archaeology majors and minors.
- Professional demeanor, responsibility, and ethics as exhibited on campus and off campus in internships or on archaeological surveys or excavations.
- Quality, originality, and ambition of independent work, especially in relation to the senior thesis project.
- Potential for future excellence in the field of Archaeology or related areas.