Welcome to the health professions program. If you are excited about a career where you can help people or animals — and pursue your passion for science — you have come to the right place. Not sure how or where to start? A liberal arts education is geared to allow you to explore your interests without confining you to a narrowly-focused academic track, so that when you leave campus, you know you are headed in the direction that is right for you. We know that plotting your trajectory is complicated: the process requires regular self-assessment, reflection, and thoughtfully connecting your academic coursework with your training and experience outside the classroom. We are here to help.
Health professions at Willamette isn't a single major or academic program, but designed to allow you to support and supplement your major with coursework and co-curricular activities that will prepare you for a wide range of post-graduate options.
For additional information on preparation for some specific professional fields, please refer to resources from the Exercise and Health Science Department, as well as information on professional program requirements in medicine.
Current students and alumni can also join our health professions mailgroup to receive information and announcements they may find useful or of interest.
The health professions include paths such as...
- Public Health (Association of Schools & Programs of Public Health)
- Health Administration (Association of University Programs in Health Administration)
- Medicine, including Allopathic (Association of American Medical Colleges) and Osteopathic (American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine)
- Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Association)
- Chiropractic Medicine (The Association of Chiropractic Colleges)
- Pharmacy (American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy)
- Physician's Assistant (Physician Assistant Education Association)
- Veterinary Medicine (American Association of Veterinary Medical Colleges)
- Audiology & Speech-Language Pathology (American Speech-Language-Hearing Association)
- Nursing, including CNA, BSN, NP and DPN programs (American Association of Colleges of Nursing)
- Occupational Therapy (American Occupational Therapy Association)
- Physical Therapy (American Physical Therapy Association)
- Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine (Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine)
- Optometry (American Optometric Association)
- Podiatry (American Podiatric Medical Association)
- Dentistry (American Dental Education Association)
- And many other careers in clinical and non-clinical healthcare...