Student Learning Outcomes for the Religious Studies Major
- Students will be able to speak cogently about religion as a pervasive feature of human culture.
- Students will be able to formulate critical questions about religious traditions and phenomena.
- Students will have a knowledge base that includes a detailed understanding of the beliefs, practices, cultural contexts and distinctive histories of several religious traditions.
- Students will develop the capacity to think critically about the truth claims and other contributions to human culture made by the leaders, scholars, communities, and texts associated with religion.
- Students will acquire and hone discipline-based writing skills.