- Do I have to have a meal plan?
- When do I sign up for a meal plan?
- If I want to change my meal plan, when and how do I change it?
- Who do I see if I have medical or dietary restrictions?
- Are Meal Plan Points considered actual money?
- Do I get a cash refund if I have Meal Plan Points left over?
- What happens to my Meal Plan Points at the end of each semester?
- How can I check my Meal Plan Point balance?
- If I run out of Meal Plan Points what can I do?
- Are dinners and brunches deducted from my Meal Plan Points?
- Can you give me an example of how Meal Plan Points work for breakfast and lunch?
- What happens if I miss a dinner or brunch? Do I get compensated for that missed meal?
- Do my Meal Plan Points work at the Cat Cavern, or Montag Center C-Store?
- Can I purchase a Willamette Meal Plan if I live in a campus apartment or off campus?
1. Do I have to have a meal plan?
All students living in residence halls are required to participate in the Willamette Meal Plan program. Women living in sororities participate in the Sorority Meal Plan program. Students living in campus apartments or off campus may purchase any of the Willamette Meal Plans by contacting Housing & Community Life for a contract.
2. When do I sign up for a meal plan?
New students choose a meal plan on their housing agreement (Housing and meal plan information is distributed to new paid admits in late May). Returning students select a meal plan during spring sign-up for the following academic year.
3. If I want to change my meal plan, when and how do I change it?
Meal plan changes are accepted during the first week of Fall and Spring Semester. All requests must be made by the contract holder and done in writing. Submit your meal plan change request through your Bearcat BnB page, using your Willamette credentials to log in. The Dining tab is located on the top right side of the page. No meal plan changes are accepted after the first week of classes each semester.
4. Who do I see if I have medical or dietary restrictions?
Make an appointment with the Accessible Education Services and a Bon Appetit manager if you have medical or dietary restrictions to learn about the available options.
5. Are Meal Plan Points considered actual money?
Points are not real money. It is a method of assigning values for the different meal plan options.
6. Do I get a cash refund if I have Meal Plan Points left over?
No, there is no compensation for left over Points.
7. What happens to my Meal Plan Points at the end of each semester?
Students on the Willamette Meal Plan Program: At the end of Fall semester, Meal Plan Points are carried forward to your Spring semester Willamette Meal Plan if you remain in a residence hall.
If you move to a sorority, your plan is converted to the Sorority Meal Plan. If you move to a sorority during the semester and have used more than the daily average of Willamette Meal Plan points you will be billed for the difference when you switch plans.
If you move to an on campus apartment and decide not to keep your meal plan, move off campus or leave Willamette for any reason, your unused Points are void.
Students on the Sorority Meal Plan: At the end of Fall semester, Sorority Points are carried forward to your Spring Semester Sorority Meal Plan if you remain in the house. If you move out, the Sorority Points will not carry over.
At the end of Spring semester, all unused Points are void.
8. How can I check my Meal Plan Point balance?
Your balance is listed on the register each time you make a purchase or you can check your balance on-line at willamette.edu/compasscard/cardoffice/. The average Meal Plan Point usage charts posted on the information board in Goudy Commons are figured for breakfast and lunch at Goudy Commons and Kaneko Commons. If your spending pattern does not correspond to the daily average, consider changing your meal plan at semester.
9. If I run out of Meal Plan Points what can I do?
You can purchase Compass Cash. When Compass Cash is spent at Goudy Commons or Kaneko Commons Kafe, you receive a 10% discount. Compass Cash can also be used at several other locations on campus (e.g., The Willamette Store, Mill Stream Market, Bistro, vending and laundry machines). There are many ways you can add funds to your Compass Card. Some of them include: cash-to-card machines located around campus, going to the Campus Card office in the Service Center, or online at willamette.edu/compasscard/cardoffice/. Funds added to your Compass Card account are not refundable except upon graduation, withdrawal or termination from the University.
10. Are dinners and brunches deducted from my Meal Plan Points?
On the Bearkitten (A), Sampler (B), Bearcat (C) and Capital (D) Plans, dinner and brunch meals are part of the "all-you-care-to-eat" (AYCE) meals and are not deducted from your Meal Plan Points. Your meal plan covers all of these meals for the entire semester. The Explorer (E) Plan includes 5 AYCE meals per week and the Independent (JS) Plan for juniors and seniors includes 3 AYCE meals per week. Additional AYCE meals are deducted from the Meal Plan Points portion of these two plans.
11. Can you give me an example of how Meal Plan Points work for breakfast and lunch?
Every food item has an individual price. Whatever items you select are totaled at the cash register and automatically deducted from your Meal Plan Points.
12. What happens if I miss a dinner or brunch? Do I get compensated for that missed meal?
No, there is no compensation for a missed meal, but students who are going to miss a meal can request a replacement sack meal 24 hours ahead at no additional cost.
13. Do my Meal Plan Points work at the Cat Cavern, or Montag Center C-Store?
Yes. Meal Plan Points may be used at Goudy Commons, Kaneko Commons and the Montag Center C-Store. If you plan to use Meal Plan Points at Montag for evening snacks, consider selecting a plan with a higher Points value.
14. Can I purchase a Willamette Meal Plan if I live in a campus apartment or off campus?
Yes. Students living in campus apartments or off campus may purchase any of the Willamette Meal Plans by submitting an Apartment/Off Campus Meal Plan agreement to Housing & Community Life.
If you would like to eat on campus without purchasing an entire meal plan, you can add Compass Cash to your Compass Card (student ID card) at the Service Center, any of the cash-to-card machines throughout campus or online at willamette.edu/compasscard/cardoffice/.