Welcome to Willamette University and congratulations on your new position! We are delighted you are joining us. Willamette offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family
Benefits Eligibility and Effective Date
A benefits eligible employee is a full-time regular employee scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more (or 75% of a full-time schedule), or a part-time regular employee scheduled to work 24 hours per week or more (or 60% of a full-time schedule), in an eligible position. Benefits for employees hired into a benefits-eligible position become effective:
- For those hired on the first day of the month, the benefit effective date is your date of hire.
- For those hired on the second day of the month or later, the benefit effective date is the first of the month following your date of hire.
If you are a new hire or are newly eligible for benefits, your specific benefits options will be shown online on Workday after your appointment has been approved and processed by Human Resources. You will receive an email notifying you of your unique username and temporary password and when you may make your benefits elections. For all benefit plans, you will enroll online.
Generally, you have 30 days from your service date or the date you become newly eligible to make your elections. It is very important that you enroll as soon as possible so that your benefits will be effective in a timely manner. Failure to submit your elections within your initial 30 days will require you to wait for the annual Open Enrollment period or a Qualifying Event to enroll in your benefits.
Review Your Benefits Information
Review the Benefits webpage for links to comprehensive information to help you evaluate your options and make your elections, including:
- Benefits Summary: A list of University benefits with a brief description of each.
- Benefits Guidebook: A decision guide to help you evaluate which benefits options are right for you.
- Benefits Plan and Policy Documents: Policy documents for each benefit with details on eligibility, exclusions, and more.
Healthcare and Wellness
Retirement and Insurance
Vacation, Holidays, and Time Off from Work
Learn more information related to vacation benefits, holidays, and other time away from work such as Leaves of Absence.
Willamette offers a variety of additional benefits beyond health and retirement that are important parts of managing your life.