One to eight RAs live in each building. RAs are current students who have an understanding of campus resources and events. They are enthusiastic leaders who strive to help residents make their Willamette experience the best it can be. RAs will:
- Work to ensure that each member of the community feels welcome and valued.
- Help residents get to know each other.
- Assist residents who seek information or assistance with academic or personal concerns.
- Be one of many community members who develop activities and educational opportunities for residents.
- Help develop a sense of community and group responsibility.
- Explain policies and community expectations, and respond to violations of these expectations.
- Perform administrative duties, such as on-duty coverage, maintenance requests, and creating and posting bulletin board content.