Resources for High School Students (Grade 9-12)

The following resources aim at helping high school students better prepare for the college application process and applying for financial aid.

High School Timeline (Freshman to Senior Year)

Princeton Review

The Princeton Review includes a timeline for students to use from their Freshman to Senior year of High School. This timeline consists of dates to take the PSAT, SAT and ACT, FAQs that may arise when applying for colleges, tips, and checklists to keep the student on track for graduation. 

Freshman & Sophomore Year

Junior Year

Senior Year


Khan Academy

Khan Academy includes a more detailed and simplified timeline structure for high school students to keep them in track for their high school graduation and to facilitate their college application process. 

Can DACA students fill out FAFSA? 

Student FAQs

Student Aid Gov. provides a FAQs sheet that answers questions about general information, eligibility of financial aid for undocumented students, and common questions that may arise when filling out FAFSA. 


Willamette University

Willamette Academy

Willamette Academy is an academic program that aims in encouraging underrepresented youth to achieve a higher education.

Jumpstart Programs

Willamette University offers several summer programs to aid incoming students meet other new students, and get to know the Salem community and the Pacific Northwest.

Opening Days

Willamette University offers opening days, a student-led program that serves to familiarize incoming students to their new home and provide the necessary resources for them to succeed during their first semester of college. 

College Application Process for Undocumented and DACA students

Undocumented/DACA students must complete an affidavit in order to request an exemption from Non-resident Tuition and Fees. If granted, students will be charged in-state tuition at public universities instead of being charged out-of-state fees due to their immigration status. Students do not need to complete an affidavit when applying for private colleges such as Willamette University, given that tuition fees remain the same for both in-state and out-of-state applicants. When completing an affidavit, the student needs to have the form notarized by a notary public before mailing the form to the university's admission office. 

Affidavit and Request for Exemption from Nonresident Tuition and Fees

If you have any more questions on how to complete an affidavit, please visit Oregon Goes to College under "In-state tuition FAQs".

Willamette University

Undocumented and DACA Students

900 State Street
Salem Oregon 97301 U.S.A.

Back to Top