Articles, guides and broad resources:
- DiversityAbroad.com: Diversity Guide to Study Abroad information for students related to race and ethnicity, socio-economic status, heritage seekers, first-generation, LGBTQ+, women, students with disabilities, religious diversity and adult study abroad.
- DiversityAbroad.com: Destination Guides. Explore your global destination.
- Unpacked - IFSA-Butler: An online study abroad guide for student written largely by former study abroad participants covering a wide range of topics and identities from diversity and inclusion to money matters to family matters.
- Identity and Diversity - Northwestern University: Resources related to accessibility, first generation students, gender, LGBTQ+, race and ethnicity, religion and spirituality and students with high financial need.
- Mobility International USA (MIUSA) - Empowering people with disabilities around the world to achieve their human rights through international exchange and international development. MIUSA Exchange programs
- National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange: Step by Step Guide to the International Exchange Process
- Mobility International USA - 10 Steps to Bring Your Service Animal or Guide Dog to Another Country
- US Department of Transportation article - Service Animals Including Emotional Support Animals
- TSA Cares is a helpline to assist travelers with disabilities and medical conditions, prior to getting to the airport. Travelers may call TSA Cares toll free at 1-855-787 2227 prior to traveling with questions about screening policies, procedures and what to expect at the security checkpoint.
- U.S. Department of State Students Abroad students with disabilities webpage
Race and Ethnicity
- DiversityAbroad.com: Articles and Stories written by students from a broad range of backgrounds about their study abroad experiences.
- AllAbroad.us: Helping students from diverse backgrounds find study abroad resources and obtain advice from study abroad mentors (some content in Spanish).
- Glimpse: Race abroad: addresses the challenges of reconciling one's ethnic and national identity while abroad and adapting to different attitudes toward racial difference and/or different kinds of prejudice.
- On She Goes: A digital travel platform that helps women of color travel more confidently, more adventurously, and more often.
- Equaldex:Equaldex is a collaborative knowledge base for the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) movement. Includes an interactive map that offers information about legal status and social climate around a range of topics related to sexual identity, gender identity and discrimination.
- International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and IntersexAssociation (ILGA.org) - country specific information related to sexual identity, maps on LGBTI rights and legislation around the world.
- International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission/Outright International: dedicated to human rights advocacy on behalf of people who experience discrimination or abuse on the basis of their actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
- National Center for Transgender Equality: includes international and travel resources for transgendered people
- NAFSA Rainbow Special Interest Group (SIG): information for US students abroad compiled by NAFSA: Association of International Educators Rainbow SIG.
- U.S. Department of State: LGBT travelers