The resources are intended to get started looking in the right places for various kinds of travel related information - this is by no means an exhaustive list of resources. The Office of International Education does not endorse any resources below that may sell a service or product.
Remember to always look for student discounts on tickets, hotels and entrance fees. The International Student Identity Card can be useful, especially in Europe.
- Department of State Students Abroad webpage, includes links to information about travel documents, health, emergencies, voting, etc.
- List of all the embassies located in Washington DC
- U.S. embassies and consulates worldwide
- U.S. Department of State passport services, including downloadable passport forms. you can also get forms at major post offices, at the courthouse, and sometimes in our office.
- U.S. Department of State Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) - online registration program that helps the U.S. Department of State contact you in case of an emergency at home or abroad.
- U.S. Department of State travel advisories
- U.S. Department of State arrested abroad, a description of the assistance provided by the US if a citizen is arrested abroad, also details what assistance cannot be given
- U.S. Department of State country information
Safety & Health
- Bishop Wellness Center - medical and counseling services to help you prepare for studying abroad and as you re-adjust to campus after study abroad.
- WU Talk 24/7 telephone crisis counseling support - available 24 hours a day, talk to Masters and PhD level counselors familiar with Willamette resources.
- Not Alone: Sexual Misconduct Resources for Students get help for yourself or someone else by reporting an incident of sexual misconduct (even if it occurred off-campus), learn more about Willamette's sexual misconduct policies and definitions as well as students' rights and responsibilities.
- Confidential resources at Willamette - see this list of confidential resources you can contact at Willamette for support and to discuss your rights and resources related to incidents of sexual misconduct.
- U.S. Department of State Travel Page - information on everything from wiring money to crisis preparedness
- U.S. Department of State emergencies abroad
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - required and recommended immunizations and health tips by region
- Center for Disease Control Environmental Health - how to deal with environmental health hazards from air pollution to earthquakes
- Sexual Harassment and Prevention in College Students Studying Abroad - SAFETI On-line Newsletter article by Nancy Newport, Licensed Professional Counselor and Consultant to the Peace Corps
- World Health Organization Travel and Health website
- Americans Overseas Domestic Violence Crisis Center - for U.S. women who are abroad
- Local (Salem) travel clinic for assistance with immunizations Salem Travel Clinic - also consult with your own physician or a travel clinic in your area
- Food allergy articles and resources: Survival Kit: Studying Abroad With a Food Allergy (Go Abroad), Studying Abroad with Food Allergies (Allergic Living), free resources from Allergy Translation
- STA Travel - online student travel agency
- Travel Cuts - online student travel agency
- SkyAuction - great airfares are up for bid!
- Student Universe - online student travel
- Currency Converter - foreign exchange rates
- The World Clock - time zone converter
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Worldwide MasterCard ATM Locator
- Worldwide Visa ATM Locator
- Monetos - a European Information Portal (EU countries only) - money, health, medical and other information about living in the EU.
- iFly.com - Airport Guides and Up to Date Information.
- Travel guides can be found at the Willamette Bookstore, ask about how to get 25% off.
- Lonely Planet - all continents
- Fodor's - all continents
- Let's Go - Europe, Central America, United States and Southeast Asia
- Rick Steves - Europe only
- Hostelz.com and Internet Guide to Hostelling - worldwide hostel guides
- Rough Guides - all continents