Benefits of being a recognized student organization include:
- The opportunity to request funding from ASWU
- Access to the Office of Student Engagement & Leadership resources and supplies
- The ability to request room reservations for meetings and events (contact Student Engagement & Leadership for assistance with reserving space on campus)
- Directory listing on the Office of Student Engagement & Leadership website
- Access to distribute flyers or mailbox stuffers to student mailboxes
- Leadership development and training opportunities
Things to keep in mind when creating your student organization:
- New club names may not have "Willamette" as part of their official name
- In order to start or lead an ASWU-affiliated student organization, student leaders must be current CAS (undergraduate) students
- No matter where you are in the process, our office can help you. Contact us for assistance at any time.
- The Office of Student Engagement & Leadership will not facilitate approval of organizations that:
- involve activities that pose potential risk or harm to the safety and well-being of Willamette Students
- involve activities that may include medical liability, risk, additional supervision, or act as a support group
Steps to become* and remain a recognized student organization at Willamette University:
*The timeline to become a recognized student organization is approximately 2-4 weeks.