• Self-guided school groups of 30 or fewer (college and K-12) are welcome with advance reservations. Call 503-370-6855, or use our online form.
Chaperones and teachers may lead Self-Guided Tours of the:
- Permanent collection galleries
- Special exhibitions
Planning for your Self-Guided Tour:
- Wednesday through Saturday
- Between noon and 3 p.m.
- Self-guided tours are limited to a total group size of 30 or less*
- Special exhibitions in the Melvin Henderson-Rubio Gallery can accommodate 30
- Special exhibitions in the Study Gallery can accommodate 10
*If your group is larger than 30, you might consider rotating visits between the Hallie Ford Museum of Art and other Salem cultural institutions such as the State Capitol, located directly across from the Museum, or the Willamette Heritage Center at the Mill.
School Tours FAQ
Resources for your visit
With a printable Self-Guided Tour you and your class can find artworks in the Museum’s permanent collection galleries: spend some time looking and discussing each one, and learn more about art from the Pacific Northwest and around the world! (There are different levels of difficulty in the discussion questions, so do a little or a lot.)
Schedule a Self-Guided tour online
SCHEDULE YOUR SELF-GUIDED TOUR
You may also call (503) 370-6855 to reserve a tour time.
If you receive a recording, please leave the following information:
- Your Name
- Date and time of proposed visit (please give a first and second choice, Wednesday-Saturday only)
- School Name
- Number of students and chaperones (maximum group size of 30)
- Grade Level
- Telephone number and email address
- Indicate if you are interested in the travel stipend