Hello Willamette community,
After the recent storm, Campus Safety felt it would be good time to send out a friendly reminder in regard to emergency planning and preparedness.
It is always a good idea to have emergency “Grab and Go” bag available for your car, home or office. These kits are easy and relatively inexpensive to put together. Just grab that old backpack that has been sitting in the back of closet and load it up with the following items and anything else you may personally want to include:
- Food (ready to eat) and water
- Phone charger and battery bank
- Small battery-powered or hand-crank radio
- Battery-powered or hand-crank flashlight
- Extra batteries
- Small first-aid kit and personal medications
- Personal toiletries and items, such as an extra pair of glasses or contact lenses
- Copies of important documents, such as insurance papers and identification
- Cash in small bills
- Local map with your family meeting place identified
- Seasonal clothing and an emergency blanket
- Pen and notepad
- Matches / candles
For more information visit https://willamette.edu/offices/safety/emergency/guide/index.html.
Be safe out there!
Director of Campus Safety and Emergency Management