How to turn off the default conversation view in the Gmail Interface
By default Gmail groups all replies to a given email with their original message. This creates a single conversation (similar to 'threads' you would see in Thunderbird). If you prefer to view your email threads to show up as individual messages, rather than grouped into conversations here's how:
- Log in to your email at wumail.willamette.edu
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner, then click on Mail settings
- Under the General tab, you will see a section for Conversation view
- click the radio button Conversation view off
- Scroll down and click on Save Changes at the bottom of the window.
Once you have done this you should see email un-threaded view. You can switch back any time if you prefer the conversation view to be on.