Interested in using university resources while working from off campus? Use GlobalProtect VPN! Available to faculty and staff, this Virtual Private Network client will allow you to access network drives and systems normally accessible only while on campus. This includes your netfiles (H Drive) folder and departmental shared folders as well. It's just like being on campus...only you're in pajamas and your hair is unsightly and there are no ducks.
NOTE: VPN Sessions will TIME OUT after 3 hours of use or 2 hours of inactivity.
Basic Security Standards
If you are using a Willamette University provided computer, you're good to go.
If you are using your personally owned computer:
- It must have a vendor-supported operating system
- Old operating systems (like Win 7, XP, ME, 98, 3.1, MacOS 10.12 and older, DOS, Atari Basic, Commodore 64, Player Piano, Antikythera mechanism) are considered security risks and are not allowed on our network
- Please be sure your OS has the latest security updates
- Your firewall must be enabled
- You need antivirus software installed with current updates
- WITS Recommends Sohpos Home Antivirus, the free version of the antivirus software we run on campus systems
Setting up the Client
To get started, simply select and follow the instructions that correspond to the Operating System of your device:
GlobalProtect Setup for MacOS (Macintosh Laptops and Desktops)
GlobalProtect Setup for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)