With default 'out of the box' settings, your MacOS computer should be ready to connect to any of Willamette's wireless networks. These instructions will help you step by step.
Before connecting to our network be sure you have the following:
- A valid Willamette Network Account.
- Be in a residence hall or academic building where we provide coverage.
- The proper security key (password) for the network you are connecting to.
AirPort Setup Instructions
- Click the WiFi icon on the Menu bar located in the upper right corner of screen.
- Click on the desired network
- Click [Connect] if prompted.
- You'll be asked to "Type in the network security key".
- Enter the security key (password) found at the link above.
- Click [Ok]
- If a registration page does not open automatically, open a web browser (e.g. Firefox, Safari, Chrome).
- Follow the instructions displayed in your browser window to complete the wireless network registration process.
- If you are not automatically routed to a Registration page, navigate to a willamette.edu and the browser should then reroute you to the registration page.
Forgetting a Network
You may want to forget a network to make sure your device automatically connects to the right one.
- Click the WiFi/AirPort icon on the Menu bar located in the upper right corner of screen.
- Click "Open Network Preferences" at the bottom of the menu.
- Click "Advanced."
- You should see a list of WiFi networks your computer has remembered. Click the network you would like to forget and click the minus sign.
- Click OK to save the changes.