Networks: BlitzNet and BlitzPDX
- Our Salem campus provides WiFi via BlitzNet and BlitzNet 5GHz
- At the the Portland campus, choose BlitzPDX or BlitzPDX 5GHz
- All university buildings have standard 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi options. If your device can see the "5GHz" version of a campus WiFi network, it is recommended you connect to it.
- 5GHz WiFi has a faster maximum speed than older standard 2.4GHz networks, but does not pass through walls or floors as easily.
- The 5GHz spectrum has more channels and less wireless noise, so devices on these networks operate with less interference.
- Moving to 5GHz lowers the load on 2.4GHz networks, offering a better WiFI experience for everyone.
Who can access Willamette's wireless networks?
- Blitznet and Blitznet 5GHz are restricted to staff, faculty, and students with a valid network account.
- Guest internet requires a security key and is intended for non-Willamette users.
- Visiting groups can make arrangements with the Residence Life and Housing office for internet needs during their stay at Willamette.
How do I get connected?To configure your device to access the wireless network, choose your operating system from the list below:
Don't see your device listed? Just about anything with WiFi and a web-browser can register on our wireless networks. See our page linked below for full details on what's allowed, and how to register gadgets without web browsers.
What are the available networks?
Blitznet: Willamette University Students, Faculty and Staff
Blitznet and Blitznet 5GHz Wireless internet is available in all residence halls and non-residential / academic buildings. Individuals with a willamette.edu email address should always use Blitznet. WiFi registration is valid for the academic year and will require re-registration each fall.
**Note: the keys listed at the above link will change occasionally
Free public wireless connectivity is available in the Mark O. Hatfield and the J.W. Long Law Libraries. The network name (SSID) is: Willamette Public
Willamette provides a WiFi network named Willamette Guest that grants basic Internet access to official guests of the university only (parents, visitors from other schools, visiting groups, guest lecturers, etc.). This network is accessible in all academic and administrative buildings and requires a security key to connect.
- SSID: Willamette Guest
- Security key: Willamette account holders can access this page to see the current security key.
- Instructions for registering on the guest network are available here. Guests lose access after 10 minutes if they do not register, but can reconnect.
During the summer months, visiting residential groups may use the Summer Conferences wireless network. This network is available in residential buildings and requires a security key to connect.
- SSID: Summer Conferences
- Security key: Provided to conference leaders or available from the office of Residence Life and Housing.
Wireless access is available at Zena near the barn area. The network name (SSID) is: WUZena.
The following buildings have special wireless coverage by Willamette University.
- Keene Stadium - please contact Athletics
- McCulloch Stadium - please contact Athletics