With default out of the box settings, your Windows computer should be ready to connect to any of Willamette's wireless networks. These instructions will help you step by step.
Before connecting to our network be sure you have the following:
- A valid Willamette Network Account.
- Be in a residence hall or academic building where we provide coverage.
- The proper security key (password) for the network you are connecting to.
Connecting to a network
- From the Desktop, click on the wireless icon in the “Notification” area near the clock.
- Click on the desired network
- Choose [Connect automatically].
- Click [Connect].
- You'll be asked to "Enter the network security key".
- Enter the security key (password) at the link above
- Click [Ok]
- Depending on your version of Windows, you may be prompted with "Do you want to turn on sharing between PCs and connect to devices on this network?" Click [No].
- Depending on your version of Windows, you may be prompted with "Select a location for the network." Click [Public].
- If a registration window does not open automatically, open a web browser (e.g. Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome).
- You will automatically be directed to a registration page if you haven't used your device on our network before. Follow the instructions displayed in your browser window to complete the wireless network registration process.
- If you are not redirected right away and can't access the Internet, try browsing to willamette.edu. This usually allows the registration page to load.
Forgetting a network
You may want to forget a network to make sure your device automatically connects to the right one.
- From the Desktop, click on the wireless icon in the notification area near the clock.
- Right click on the network you want your device to forget, and click "Forget this network."