One of ASWU's responsibilities is the distribution of student fees. Any registered student organization is eligible to apply for funding through the ASWU Finance and Club Approval Committee, although student organizations must attend a Student Organization Orientation (SOO) in order to become eligible to receive funding.
Upon requests for funding, the ASWU Finance and Club Approval Committee will hear the requests at a maximum of three times per semester and notify the requesting organizations through the Club President’s and Club Treasurer’s listservs.
Filter by Type:
In order to submit a budget request:
- Organizations must be officially recognized by the Office of Student Activities.
- Organizations must resolve any overdrafts in both ASWU and non-ASWU financial accounts.
In order to receive funding:
- Organizations must submit an ASWU Budget Request and Inventory Disclosure form by the deadline announced.
- Requests must include exact titles and costs.
- If a request exceeds a total amount of $1,500, a club member is required to represent and defend the budget request at the respective hearing for said request.
- Organizations must send both the president and treasurer to attend a Student Organization Orientation.
The three (3) funding rounds for the Fall 2021 semester have been scheduled as follows, please be aware these funding rounds are subject to rescheduling:
- Fall Round 1: 9/24/2021 - 10/1/2021
- Fall Round 2: 10/17/2021 - 10/24/2021
- Pre Spring: 11/26/2021 - 12/3/2021
According to the ASWU Bylaws, the Committee must use the following guidelines when making funding decisions. However, the Committee must consider the individual needs of each student organization and the merits of each individual program, which allows the right to make exceptions or deny funding when deemed necessary. Our complete breakdown of the ASWU funding precedents can be found below: