One of ASWU's responsibilities is the distribution of student fees. Any registered student organization is eligible to apply for funding through the ASWU.
Upon requests for funding, the ASWU Finance and Club Approval Committee will hear the requests at a maximum of three times per semester and notify the requesting organizations through the Club President’s and Club Treasurer’s listservs.
Filter by Type:
In order to be eligible for funding:
- Organizations must be officially recognized by the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership.
- Organizations must resolve any overdrafts in both ASWU and non-ASWU financial accounts.
- Organizations must have both their President and Treasurer attend an SOO.
- Organizations must have submitted an anti-racism plan.
In order to receive funding:
- Organizations must submit an ASWU Budget Request in the proper funding round time frames.
- Requests must include exact titles, costs, descriptions, and reasonings.
- Requests must follow the ASWU Funding Precedents.
The three (3) funding rounds for the Fall 2021 semester have been scheduled as follows, please be aware these funding rounds are subject to rescheduling. All funds requested in Spring Round 1 and Spring Round 2 must be spent by May 6th, 2022. Funds requested in Pre Fall must not be spent until the beginning of the Fall semester unless an exception has been made in communication with the ASWU Treasurer.:
- Spring Round 1: 1/28/2022 - 2/4/2022
- Spring Round 2: 3/4/2022 - 3/11/2022
- Pre Fall: 4/1/2022 - 4/8/2022
According to the ASWU Bylaws, the Committee must use the following guidelines when making funding decisions. However, the Committee must consider the individual needs of each student organization and the merits of each individual program, which allows the right to make exceptions or deny funding when deemed necessary. Our complete breakdown of the ASWU funding precedents can be found below:
All ASWU funding records are available to the public. Please email the ASWU Treasurer for any ASWU funding records. The ASWU treasurer can provide you with the direct funding allocation records or answer specific questions about income or expenses.