P-Card Application and User Agreement
- Reconciliation and expense reports must be completed by the deadline
- Please give your Approver and Authorized Signer time to complete their review and approve.
- Keeping your reconciliations and reports current will ensure your P-card remains open.
- If you would like to set up a training session, contact the Accounting Office.
- Set up a calendar reminder 5 days prior to the deadline.
- Follow-up as needed with your Cardholders to ensure reconciliations and reports are completed on time.
- If you have some Cardholders who need training, let the Cardholder know and contact Accounting to set up a time. Group training is also available upon request.
- Working with your group of Cardholders will help keep them current and P-cards open.
Posting to the General Ledger (GL)
P-card transactions will post to the GL accounts approximately the 20th of the month.
If you don't reconcile your transactions online by the due date noted above, you may need to submit a separate journal entry so your transactions post to the appropriate GL account number. Please check your GL report before submitting your journal entry. If you do not have access to the GL reports, contact your supervisor for assistance.
The P-card policy states:
The online reconciliation MUST be completed within ten days of the billing cycle cutoff. Failure to reconcile your statement or include proper documentation for charges will result in the suspension of the card.
Helpful information about browsersSupported Browsers
Windows XP - Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox 17
Windows 7 - Internet Explorer 8 & 9 or Firefox 24
Windows 8 - Firefox 24
Many people prefer to use Chrome as their default browser, but Chrome is not a supported browser with the P-card website.
- What browser are you using? Are you using Firefox or Internet Explorer? Do not use Chrome. If your default browser is Chrome and you click on the link in an email, you will run into browser issues.
- Are you entering your User ID & password correctly?
- Are you locked out due to too many password login attempts? If so, contact the Accounting office email@example.com
- Try clearing your browser cache (history) and refresh your screen.
- Have you added the website to your browser recommended security settings?
- You may need to request a temporary password. Do not click on Forgot Password. Instead, contact the Accounting office firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- If you received a temporary password and are having issues:
- Did you enter the temporary password correctly? We recommend copying and pasting the temporary password in the fields because it is difficult to determine if a character in the temporary password is an L or a 1; or an O or a zero. If this doesn't work, try typing the password slowly.
- If you have any problems, contact Accounting to request a different temporary password.
- Make sure there isn't a space before or after the temporary password in the entered field.
- Again, clearing your browser cache may help.
- When you are creating a new password, enter the temporary password in the Current Password field and make sure there is no space before or after the temporary password in the entered field.