For all versions of MacOS
(where 'username' is your Willamette login name)
- Hint: you can click the '+' icon on the right to add NetFiles to your Favorite Servers to save typing time in the future.
- Name: enter your Willamette username
- Note: if using a personally owned computer (not one owned by the university), you must type: willamette\username in place of just your username, and be sure to use a backslash
- Password: enter your Willamette password.
A folder with the contents of your NetFiles directory should now appear in a Finder window.If you close the Finder window, you can get back to it from the Finder menu.
- Open File > New Finder Window
- On the left side bar look in the Shared area
To disconnect from NetFiles:
- click the Eject button to the right of the file name in the Shared section of a finder window left side bar
- if the NetFiles listing is displayed in a finder window, click the Disconnect button in the file listings pane