Mapping your Personal Share (Home Directory) on campus - Windows
- Open This PC.
- In the menu bar click Computer > Map Network Drive
- The Map Network Drive window should appear.
- In Drive choose the letter H: (or any letter not currently used)
- In Folder type\\netfiles.willamette.edu\username (where 'username' is your Willamette login name)
- If you desire: click the Reconnect at Login box, this will automatically re-connect your home drive when you log in to your computer while on campus.
- Click Finish.
- You may be prompted for a username and password
- In User name type email@example.com (where 'username' is your Willamette login name), make sure you type out the full '@willamette.edu')
- In Password type your Willamette network password
- Click OK
- After a few seconds, the contents of your Personal Share will be displayed in a new window.
- If you close the window, you can still access your home directory by opening This PC and looking for one of the following (The drive letter may be something other than 'H:'):
- Personal Share (H:)
Removing a drive-letter assignment
- Open This PC.
- Right-click on the drive you want to remove, and choose Disconnect.
- If you are prompted for a username and password when connecting make sure you are typing your full email address (including the '@willamette.edu' in the username field. This is different from many other network services on campus that require a username only.
- Some personal firewall software and other similar security utilities have been known to interfere with the ability to map network drives. If you have such software installed and are having problems accessing network drives, try disabling the software.