- Open Computer.
- In the menu bar click Map Network Drive
- The Map Network Drive window should appear.
- In Drive choose any available letter after H.
- In Folder type\\groupfiles.willamette.edu\nameofdeptshare (where 'nameofdeptsshare' is the path to the specific department share EX. \\groupfiles.willamette.edu\wits)
- If you desire: click the Reconnect at Login box, this will automatically re-connect your home drive when you log in to your computer while on campus.
- Click Finish.
- You may be prompted for a username and password
- In User name type username (where 'username' is your Willamette login name)
- In Password type your Willamette network password
- Click OK
- After a few seconds, the contents of your home directory will be displayed in a new window.
Removing a drive-letter assignment
- Double-click on My Computer (Windows 10: click on Start, then choose My Computer).
- Right-click on the drive you want to remove, and from the pop-out menu, choose Disconnect.
- Some personal firewall software and other similar security utilities have been known to interfere with the ability to map network drives. If you have such software installed and are having problems accessing network drives, try disabling the software.