Welcome to Willamette University! This page introduces time-sensitive items related to student accounts to assist incoming students in making a smooth transition into the school year.
Incoming students will receive a student account invoice in the mail on the week of July 13th. This is the only paper statement students receive while attending Willamette. Students are able to view this, and all subsequent invoices, on the the university's online billing and payment system, Bill+Payment.
Checklist for Incoming Students
- Student Account Payment Deadline (due 8/31/2020): Your account must be paid in full by August 31st. We have several payment options.
- Bill+Payment, our electronic billing and payment system. This is the preferred method used by most students.
- Mail: Please include your name and student ID number on your check and mail it to the following address:
- Willamette University
Attn: Student Accounts
900 State Street
Salem, OR 97301
- Willamette University
- International wire transfer through Flywire: Click here to initiate a wire transfer through Flywire.
- Student Financial Responsibility Agreement (due 8/31/2020): All students are required to accept the Student Financial Responsibility Agreement, which outlines the financial terms and conditions associated with enrollment at Willamette. Simply log into Bill+Payment and the agreement will appear on your screen.
- Student Health Insurance Waiver (due 9/14/2020): ALL eligible students are automatically enrolled and charged for the Willamette Student Health Insurance policy every academic year. If you have comparable coverage under a different insurance company and DO NOT want to take part in the Willamette Plan, you must complete the online waiver process between July 20th and September 14, 2020 (5pm).
- Click here to learn more about Willamette Student Health Insurance Plan, including instructions on how to apply for a waiver.
- Please note: enrollment/waivers for eligible students meeting the corresponding credit hours is/are annual and will apply for the entire 2020-2021 policy year. Students who waive/enroll Fall 2020 semester are choosing to waive/enroll for both.
- CAFES Fund Opt Out (due 9/14/2020): Students who do not wish to contribute $25 per semester to the Community Action Fund for Equity and Sustainability (CAFES) Fund may opt out by September 14th at 5pm. To opt out, do the following:
- Log into the WU Portal
- Click on Student Self Service
- Click User Options, then Required Agreements
- Authorized user setup on Bill+Payment. Authorized users have access to your student account statement and can make electronic payments through Bill+Payment. For more information on how to establish your parent/guardian as an authorized user, please refer to our Bill+Payment information page.
- Alternative for establishing authorized persons without internet/email access: Complete the form Authorization to Release Financial Information for authorized users who do not have access to the Internet. Please note that persons with manual authorization forms will not receive statement notification. Please mail your completed release to the Student Accounts office.
- Payment plan option: Payment plans are available to authorized users on Bill+Payment. Fall semester is available for enrollment in July once fall semester charges post. Spring plans will become available in January as soon as spring charges post. Each semester you have the choice of setting up a payment plan of 4 or 3 payments, with the final payment being due in time to register for the following semester. The enrollment fee is $30 per semester for a total of $60 for the year.
- Direct Deposit setup: You can sign up to have any student refund or expense reimbursement deposited directly into your bank account.